Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Trail Conditions 3-20-17

It is officially Spring, and the birds are singing and the snow has been melting. Well that last part has been true all winter, but it is official now.

If you went and squeaked one last rind in then good for you, because after this week I think it will be quite difficult to find anyplace to ride. Our season is officially over here barring a winter hurricane type event, that that had better happen pretty quickly. There is only one more 'official' weekend left in the season and there is nothing in the forecast that makes me think that we will do any more grooming. There of course is still some decent snow out in the woods, just no place to ride to. So if you would like to put some miles on that way have at it, but there will be no getting anyplace for gas or anything else.

All in all a look back at teh season will say that our trails were pretty decent, especially for what mother nature delt us. A look at the amount we groomed vs how good the trails were is fantastic, since our numbers are way way down again. I will post up final numbers where I have them calced, but I am guessing we are below 30% of normal milage years... again.

Time to shift gears, and think about spring activities. Shine them up, and shelve things for next season.

Stay tuned for a season wrap up at the end of the month.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
Go Fast or Go Home
Trail Master

Default Re: Trail Conditions 3-20-17

Thanks to you and your staff for making the Straits Area the best maintained and groomed trail system in the State.

Don~
Go Fast or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
Omooreski
Liquid Cooled

Thanks for all you guys do to make some fun for us snow chasers. Until next year...
Omooreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
conniver04
Trail Master

Well so sad to say its over but oh well on to another year. All in all it wasn't a bad winter for me other than having sled problems those 2 weeks. I ended up with 3248 miles all starting from St Ignace this year. I can say after taking a week and riding across the entire UP and through the WI system we definitely have the most taken care of system out there. Its amazing how some of these clubs groom. It sure looks to me like someone needs to step in and make a drag that can get the job done. Thats the one thing I seen that really varied from club to club. We are very fortunate to have what we have in the drag dept!

I would like to say great job to Neil for taking care of the all the grooming operations and paperwork and to everyone that put their time and effort into grooming, trail brushing and anything else that came up during the fall and winter. Keep up the great work.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #5
Bill
Trail Master

I don't what else can be said but I'll try. You can just tell that Neil and the groomer operators REALLY care about the trails and how they turn out. With Neil's busy schedule he always makes sure to get a trail report posted and apologizes if a couple days go buy without an update! If trails are ok elsewhere you know the Straits system will be stellar! Thanks to all involved for another year of smooth trails, especially with the lack of winter weather! Bill.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote